All the facts about PerioChip.
What Is Periochip
PerioChip is an innovative, easy to insert biodegradable chip containing 2.5 mg of chlorhexidine gluconate – an ideal non-antibiotic adjunct treatment to reduce pocket depth in patients with adult periodontitis. It has been demonstrated clinically to be effective and well tolerated for periodontal pockets with a depth of more than 5 mm. The innovative biodegradable gelatin matrix contains 2.5 mg of chlorhexidine gluconate. This is released slowly over a period of 7 days. A high local concentration of chlorhexidine eliminates 99.9%. of bacteria in the pocket and suppresses the early recovery of the periodontal pathogenic biofilm for up to 11 weeks. The gelatin matrix makes PerioChip strong, and its unique size and shape enable easy insertion with forceps after routine scaling and root planing (SRP). PerioChip can be used as part of a thorough periodontal maintenance program. Give your patients the benefits of an easy, local non-antibiotic solution that is well tolerated and clinically effective.
- Indicated for pocket depth (PD) ≥ 5mm
- PD reduction of 2 mm or more vs. SRP alone
- 2.5 mg of chlorhexidine gluconate (36%)
- Wide spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Free circulation of chlorhexidine gluconate throughout pocket
- Slowly dissolves over about one week so does not need to be removed.
- Weight: 7.4 mg
- Dimensions: 4 mm x 5 mm x 350 mm
- Active ingredient: 2.5 mg chlorhexidine gluconate.
- Release: Slow release over 7 to 10 days